Welcome to National Junior Honor Society!
CTMS National Junior Honor Society members participate in a variety of civic duties and activities throughout the school year such as sixth grade orientation, elementary mentoring, Red Ribbon Week, canned food drive, various charity projects, school dances, science fair, and several community service activities.
National Jr. Honor Society is for 8th grade students only. Membership is determined during the spring semester of 7th grade.
Guidelines for NJHS Membership
Students must have an academic average of 90 percent in their core content areas. Student must have successfully participated in at least two pre-AP in the seventh grade.
This quality is defined through the voluntary contributions made by a student to the school or community, done without compensation and with a positive, courteous, and enthusiastic spirit.
Student leaders are those who are resourceful, good problem solvers, promoters of school activities, idea-contributors, dependable, and persons who exemplify positive attitudes about life. Leadership experiences can be drawn from school or community activities while working with or for others.
The student of good character upholds principles of morality and ethics, is cooperative, demonstrates high standards of honesty and reliability, shows courtesy, concern, and respect for others, and generally maintains a good and clean lifestyle.
The student who demonstrates citizenship understands the importance of civic involvement, has a high regard for freedom, justice, and democracy, and demonstrates mature participation and responsibility through involvement with such activities as scouting, community organizations, and school clubs.
- Students must be enrolled at Chisholm Trail Middle School one full semester prior to qualifying.
- Students must have a cumulative academic average of 90 percent in all of their core content areas.
- Student must be currently enrolled in at least two pre-AP classes in the seventh grade.
- Students must complete and return the NJHS application by appointed date.
- Individual applications will be considered and reviewed by a faculty committee.
All decisions made are final.